General Guidelines for the Use of Pesticides:
These are some instruction for spraying pesticides at home or farm:
- Always read the label carefully. You must follow all safety precautions described on the product label to protect your health, the health of others and the environment.
- Generally, pesticide application should only be done when there are no children, pregnant women, elderly persons, pets or animals present.
- Wear protective clothing as stated on the label, like rubber gloves, safety eye glasses and have a bath after spraying.
- Be aware of weather patterns and do not apply pesticides just prior to rainfall or during windy conditions.
- Don’t stand with the wind against your face or back while spraying pesticides (you can spray during light air current).
As regards plant or tree:
- Water it well before application of pesticides.
- Don’t use pesticides during summer as it leads to burnings on the leaves.
- Spray water directly on the plant or tree before application of pesticides.
- It is preferred to use pesticides during sunset.